Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
What can you do?
Currently, there is no vaccine to prevent coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. The below precautions should be used:
- Practice good hygiene:
- Wash hands with soap and water for 20 seconds, especially after touching any frequently used item or surface. If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer with 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Sneeze or cough into a tissue, or the inside of your elbow.
- Disinfect frequently used items and surfaces as much as possible.
- Wear cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain, such as grocery stores and pharmacies. Review CDC Guidelines for Use of Cloth Face Coverings to Help Slow the Spread of COVID-19 for additional information.
- Practice physical distancing: avoid crowded places and maintain 6 feet distance from others when possible.
- Avoid discretionary travel, shopping trips, and social visits.
- Avoid large gatherings.
- Continue to use drive-thru, pickup, or delivery options for dining options in restaurants and bars.
Additional prevention measures can be found on CDC's How to Protect Yourself page.
Need to Seek Medical Advice for COVID-19?
If you suspect you are infected or have symptoms of COVID-19 and need medical advice, BEFORE you go to a clinic or physician's office, CONTACT them so they can prepare and provide you with instructions.
If you DO NOT have a primary care provider, use the below numbers for either hospital:
State & National Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources
ND Smart Restart
**Please note: While North Dakota remains in the Green - Low Risk Level, the dial in the color-coded health guidance system was adjusted in late July toward the yellow/moderate risk level.
The ND SMART RESTART plan applies to all North Dakota businesses and is a roadmap to a better, safer and healthier tomorrow for employers, employees, and customers alike. Industry-specific protocols and standards can be found at ND SMART RESTART.
North Dakota Department of Health
The North Dakota Department of Health Coronavirus (NDDoH) webpage contains resources and information including:
- North Dakota Coronavirus Data - Data displayed includes statewide and county-level data for total tests administered, total positive cases and total active cases. Also included is source of exposure, hospitalizations and cases by age group.
- Symptoms, Testing & Care provides a number of resources, including testing locations and resources for those who have tested positive for COVID-19 or who have been identified as a close contact of a positive COVID-19 case.
- Press conferences, translated materials, more communications resources
- NDDoH Facebook page
NDResponse.gov provides a single source of accurate and timely COVID-19 information to the public and media.
North Dakota Office of the Governor
- The North Dakota Office of the Governor webpage.
- The Media tab holds News releases and Executive Orders.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) webpage includes COVID-19 information and resources related to symptoms, precautions, cleaning & disinfecting, and guidance for a number of settings.
- CDC Recommendation regarding the Use of Cloth Face Coverings
- Considerations for Travelers - Coronavirus in the US
- People Who Are at Increased Risk for Severe Illness
- Symptoms Information and Self-Checker
- How to Protect Yourself and Prevention Measures
- Guidelines for Cleaning & Disinfecting Public Spaces, Workplaces, Businesses, Schools & Homes
- How to Deal with Stress During COVID-19
- CDC Facebook page