Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
ND Smart Restart
*NEW ND SMART RESTART plan applies to not only businesses affected by executive orders, but to all businesses. The plan is a roadmap to a better, safer and healthier tomorrow for employers, employees, and customers alike.
Guidance for Large Gatherings was announced on Friday, May 18, 2020.
Visit ND Smart Restart High School Graduation Ceremony Guidance for information and considerations regarding holding high school graduation ceremonies.
Visit the COVID19 Business Supplies page for information on cloth mask and hand sanitizer suppliers.
Click here to download and print a full-color ND SMART RESTART sign (PDF).
A Spanish version of the sign is also available (PDF).
Need to Seek Medical Advice for COVID-19?
If you suspect you are infected or have symptoms of COVID-19 and need medical advice, BEFORE you go to a clinic or physician's office, CONTACT them so they can prepare and provide you with instructions.
If you DO NOT have a primary care provider, use the below numbers for either hospital:
Resources and News for Coronavirus (COVID-19)
NDResponse.gov provides a single source of accurate and timely COVID-19 information to the public and media.
North Dakota Department of Health
The North Dakota Department of Health Coronavirus (NDDoH) webpage contains resources and information including:
- Current ND Coronavirus Cases
- The NDDoH Travel Quarantine Order has been amended and allows people to travel freely within the United States and releases requirements for everyone except international travelers. Anyone traveling from another country, who is not merely passing through the state, must quarantine immediately upon entry to North Dakota for a period of 14 days or for the duration of the person's presence in North Dakota, whichever period is shorter.
- Press conferences, translated materials, more communications resources
- Guidance from the Division of Food and Lodging related to Lodging Guidance for COVID-19 Isolation or Quarantine Guests.
- NDDoH Facebook page
North Dakota Office of the Governor
- The North Dakota Office of the Governor webpage.
- The Media tab holds News releases and Executive Orders.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) webpage includes COVID-19 information and resources related to symptoms, precautions, cleaning & disinfecting, and guidance for a number of settings.
- CDC Recommendation regarding the Use of Cloth Face Coverings
- Symptoms Information and Self-Checker
- How to Protect Yourself and Prevention Measures
- Guidelines for Cleaning & Disinfecting Public Spaces, Workplaces, Businesses, Schools & Homes
- How to Deal with Stress During COVID-19
- CDC Facebook page
What can you do?
Currently, there is no vaccine to prevent coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. The below precautions should be used:
- Practice good hygiene:
-Wash hands, especially after touching any frequently used item or surface.
-Avoid touching your face.
-Sneeze or cough into a tissue, or the inside of your elbow.
-Disinfect frequently used items and surfaces as much as possible.
- Avoid discretionary travel, shopping trips, and social visits.
- Avoid social gatherings in groups of more than 10 people.
- Do not visit nursing home or retirement or long-term care facilities unless to provide critical assistance.
- Continue to use drive-thru, pickup, or delivery options for dining options in restaurants and bars.
- Wear cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain, such as grocery stores and pharmacies. Review CDC Guidelines for Use of Cloth Face Coverings to Help Slow the Spread of COVID-19 for additional information.
- Practice social distancing: avoid crowded places and maintain distance from others when possible. Visit CDC for more prevention resources.