This annual event cleans up our cities by giving residents an opportunity to dispose of tires, appliances and other large items at no charge on their recycling collection day.
Beginning Monday, September 14-18, through the week of September 21-25, The City of Fargo will commence a modified cleanup week schedule. Residents may place unwanted debris for disposal on the boulevard in front of their properties to be disposed of by the City. Debris will be collected on residents’ scheduled recycling collection day. A collection schedule map is available to determine when residents’ scheduled recycling day is. Week A residents’ debris will be collected the week of September 14, while week B residents’ will be collected the week of September 21.
Debris should be set out on the boulevard before 7 a.m. on residents’ scheduled recycling pickup day the week of September 14. A limit of two appliances per household will be accepted. Up to four tires and rims will be collected per household. Logs and brush up to 10 inches in diameter will also be accepted. Building materials such as wood or concrete will not be collected. Electronics, including televisions and computers, as well as household hazardous waste including paints, stains, varnish and other waste should not be set out for pickup. One television and one computer per household per month may be disposed of at the Household Hazardous Waste Facility as well as the household hazardous waste items.
Entrance to the Fargo Landfill will be free for Fargo residents the weeks of
September 14 and 21 for household items, furniture, up to two appliances and household waste. Building materials and concrete are not accepted. The Landfill is open Monday through Friday from 7:15 a.m. until 5 p.m. and Saturdays from 7:15 a.m. until 1 p.m.
The Household Hazardous Waste Facility, located at 606 43 ½ St. N., is open from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. It is open from 9 a.m. until 6 p.m. on Wednesdays and will be open from 8 a.m. until one on Saturday, September 12 and September 19.
Cities Involved with the Cleanup
- West Fargo
- Clay County
Cleanup Week Rules for all Cities
- Separate items of the same type into distinct piles (tires, appliances, furniture, brush, household garbage, etc.). Separate trucks collect the items.
- Place garbage in disposable containers, except for oversized items.
- Items will be collected on your normal garbage pickup day. Do not set items out more than one day early.
- Crews will not return to pick up garbage set out too late.
- Remove refrigerator and freezer doors. Do not place food or any other waste inside appliances.
- Items must be from residences; no commercial waste will be accepted. Keep household garbage at least four feet away from other Cleanup Week items.