It is important that you have a plan for your home or business for sheltering-in-place. Some key steps in this plan are:
- Know what doors and windows are likely to be open and assign someone to check and close them.
- Know where the manual vents are and how to close them.
- Know where forced air heating or cooling controls/power exhaust vents are and how to turn them off.
- Know what room you will go to and how to seal it. Have a kit prepared for this consisting of such things as plastic sheeting, strong tape, rags, etc.
- Have a radio (preferably two). One electric and one battery operated in the room you have identified. Know the local news station(s) in the Fargo-Moorhead area and have the station numbers written on tape, attached to the radio.