The Fargo Public Library has several storytimes available for families and caregivers where staff share their love of books and reinforce early literacy skills. Through the use of age-appropriate stories, songs, and fingerplays in a group setting, staff also help parents and caregivers learn how to foster early literacy skills to prepare their children for learning to read.
Baby Rhyme Time lapsit storytimes are held twice a month for babies from birth to 18 months.
The Fall 2021 Storytime season has two sessions. All times are open to children ages 2-6.
Updated 9/17/21: Session 1 Storytime will now be held online.
Session 1: Oct. 4 – Nov. 3 (Pre-registration begins 9/20)
Session 2: Nov. 8 – Dec. 8 (Pre-registration begins 10/25)
Pre-registration is required. Please register all attendees, including adults (except infants under 6 months).
Note: Participants will receive an email with information on how to log into the session; a valid email address is required.
Main Library (Session 1 Storytime dates: Oct. 4 – Nov. 3, 2021)
Mondays at 10 a.m. – online
Mondays at 11 a.m. – online
Mondays at 6:30 p.m. – online
Northport Branch (Session 1 Storytime: Oct. 4 – Nov. 3, 2021)
Tuesdays at 10 a.m. – online
Tuesdays at 11 a.m. – online
Dr. James Carlson Library (Session 1 Storytime: Oct. 4 – Nov. 3, 2021)
Wednesdays at 10 a.m. – online
Wednesdays at 11 a.m. – online
Basic Storytime Guidelines
- Please note that all storytimes start promptly on schedule. Be sure to allow extra time for parking and getting nametags.
- Please honor age limits for each storytime.
- Please refrain from bringing food and beverage into storytime.
- If children in your care become disruptive, please remove them until they are comfortable and ready to listen.
- For more information about any of our storytimes, call 701.241.1495.
Be sure to pick up a Storytime Punch Card. Children who attend 10 storytimes earn a free book!