The Narcotics Unit is not only responsible for drug crimes, but also human trafficking and prostitution. The unit relies heavily on information from the public as the starting point for most investigations.
The unit is also committed to assisting the community in reducing the impact of illegal drugs, prostitution and human trafficking through education and prevention programs.
The Narcotics Unit works closely with the Intelligence Unit in conjunction with the following law enforcement entities:
- Cass County Drug Task Force
- Moorhead Police Department
- Clay County Sheriff's Office
- U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration
- U.S. Customs Service
- U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms