Purchasing a Home
Fargo is a city of diverse neighborhoods. It is the largest city in the steadily growing Fargo-Moorhead metropolitan area.
Building a New Home?
- Available lots in new neighborhoods
- Finding a builder FM Homebuilders Association
- Zoning and neighboring land uses
Buying an Existing House?
- Find a home for sale
About Homeownership and Taxes in Fargo
- Downpayment Assistance
- Property taxes and tax exemptions
- Special Assessments - Method of financing infrastructure improvements; any special assessments due on a property are added to owners annual tax statement.
Financing Your Home
The North Dakota Housing Finance Agency is a state agency dedicated to making housing affordable for North Dakotans. They have several homeownership programs which are listed below. For more information on these programs, please visit www.ndhfa.org.
- Downpayment and Closing Cost Assistance: North Dakota Housing Finance Agency and NDHFA "START" program
- FirstHome Program - a home mortgage with below-market interest rates available to low- to moderate-income homebuyers.
- The HomeAccess Program provides low-interest mortgage loans to disabled, elderly and single-parent households.
- North Dakota Roots - a homeownership incentive program targeted to new and returning North Dakotans.
- Find a local lender (In criteria, search "Financial Services")