Modify On-street Parking in Your Neighborhood
If you feel that on-street parking is creating a nuisance in your neighborhood, you can use the City of Fargo's parking status petition procedure to request that a change be made to the parking status of your area.
- Petition for no parking when roadway is too narrow, causing congestion when parked vehicles are present.
- Petition for no parking on one side of the street when all mailboxes are located on the same side.
The first step is obtaining a copy of the petition form and instructions, which can downloaded in PDF format via the link in the right margin of this page. The form can also be obtained by calling the Traffic Engineering Department at 701.241.1545.
For a parking change to take place, at least 50% of property owners on a block must be in agreement with the proposal. After the petition has been completed and signatures have been collected, the petition is returned to the Traffic Engineering Department.
Completed petitions are placed on the next Traffic Technical Advisory Committee (TTAC) agenda for review and approval. The TTAC meets on the first Wednesday of each month at 4 p.m. in the City Commission chambers at City Hall. The meetings are open to the public and are broadcast live on TV Fargo (Cable One - channel 99). The rebroadcast schedule is as follows:
- The second Tuesday of the month at 8 p.m.
- The third Wednesday of the month at 8:30 a.m.
- The first Tuesday of the month at 3 p.m.