Frequently Asked Questions

What is the contact information for mailing or faxing items to the Fargo Municipal Court?


Mailing Address:
PO Box 49
Fargo, ND 58107

Who can I talk to about the parking ticket I found on my windshield?

The Fargo City Auditor's Office handles parking tickets. This office can be reached at 701.241.1324. The Auditor's Office is located in Fargo City Hall, at 225 4th Street North, Fargo, ND 58102.

Who can I call about warrants, summonses and subpoenas?

Call Fargo Police Officer Dave Boe at 701.241.1435 for information on warrants, summonses and subpoenas. After business hours, call the Fargo Police Department at 701.235.4493.

I was arrested for DUI. How can I find out the results of my blood alcohol test?

Call the City Prosecutor's Office at 701.241.8596 for test results.

What kind of information can the City Prosecutor give me?

The City Prosecutor's Office can provide information about pending cases, including facts about plea agreements, possible penalties for criminal offenses, restitution and other matters related to the prosecution of a City of Fargo case. You can reach the City Prosecutor's Office at 701.241.8596.

Do you accept credit cards for payment of fines?

We accept Visa, Mastercard and Discover for payments of fines and for bail payments on traffic and other non-criminal offenses. Cash, checks and money orders are also accepted. You may also make payments with a card online.

Who can I talk to about points on my driver's license or suspension of my driving privileges?

Assessment of points and suspension of driving privileges are administrative actions taken by the Drivers License and Traffic Safety Division of the North Dakota Department of Transportation.

Contact your home state you are a resident of or licensed by state.

How do I get a driver's license?

Contact the North Dakota Department of Transportation (NDDOT) at 701.239.8940 for information on getting a driver's license. The department's Fargo office is located at 503 38th Street South.

For more driver's license information, visit the NDDOT Driver's License and Traffic Safety website. In Minnesota, contact the Driver and Vehicle Services Division of the state's Department of Public Safety.

Where can I renew my vehicle license tabs?

You can renew your vehicle license tabs at the Office of Motor Vehicle Division Fargo Branch, which is located at 855 45th Street South. You can get more information from the North Dakota Department of Transportation's website.

In Minnesota, contact the Driver and Vehicle Services Division of the Department of Public Safety.

Where can I pay a traffic ticket I got in Cass County?

Contact the Cass County Clerk of District Court at:

Clerk of District Court
Cass County Courthouse
211 S. 9th St.
PO Box 2806
Fargo, ND 58108-2806


I have a question about a traffic ticket I received outside of Cass County. Who should I talk to?

You need to call the municipal or district court of the jurisdiction where you received the ticket. Look for the court's contact information on the front of the citation you received.

District Court Clerks in North Dakota

I am charged with a felony (or Class A misdemeanor) in Cass County. Who do I call for information on my case?

Contact the Cass County Clerk of District Court at 701.451.6924

Where can I get a copy of a birth or death certificate?

Contact the North Dakota Division of Vital Records in Bismarck at 701.328.2360 for information on birth and death certificates, or visit

I need information about a civil case in Cass County. Where can I get it?

For questions involving small claims, mental health, probate, child support, guardianship or divorce that occurred in Cass County, contact the Cass County Clerk of District Court at 701.451.6924.

For other resources related to frequently asked questions, visit these websites:
North Dakota Supreme Court
ND Department of Transportation