City Approach & Driveway Requirements
Please refer to the requirements below for the design and construction of driveways and approaches:
- Residential driveways shall be no less than 9 feet wide and no more than 30 feet wide at the sidewalk line.
- The maximum width for commercial and industrial driveways is 40 feet.
- Driveways shall be located so as to provide access to a parking location within the property served.
- Upon approval from the City Engineer, residential driveways may be constructed to either a maximum 36-foot width or a width equal to one-half the width of the lot.
- Locations of driveways near block corners shall be approved by the City Engineer and shall be in accordance with the Fargo Land Development Code.
- In no case shall the total width of a driveway into a property exceed one-half the lot width.