Residential Tax Exemptions
The City of Fargo as several tax exemptions and credits available. Scroll down to view the options and click the links below for more information and to print the application(s).
If you have any questions, please contact the City of Fargo Assessment Department.
1. Homestead Credit
- Available to low-income senior citizens and disabled individuals.
- Learn more about the Homestead Tax Credit.
2. Disabled Veteran
- Available to veterans of the United States armed forces with a service connected disability of 50% or higher who have been discharged under honorable conditions.
- Learn more about the Disabled Veteran's Tax Credit.
3. Residential New Construction for Owners
- Available to the first property owner after the builder.
- Learn more about the Residential New Construction for Owners exemption.
4. Residential New Construction for Builders
- Available to the builder of unoccupied property.
- Learn more about the Residential New Construction for Builders exemption.
- Available to a permanently and totally disabled person confined to a wheelchair or unremarried surviving spouse
- Learn more about the Wheelchair exemption.
- Available to any blind person and/or spouse occupying the home.
- Learn more about the Blind exemption.
- Available to any improvement to a property at least 25 years old.
- Learn more about the Remodeling exemption.