Reopening Fargo | Phase II
The following measures and modifications to daily operations and residential interactions will be exercised by City of Fargo departments in order to facilitate safe and successful delivery of services to the Fargo community.
Click a department name to learn more.
• Assessor's Office
• Auditor's Office and Finance
• Commission Chambers
• Facilities Management
• Fargo Cass Public Health
• Fargo Public Library
• FARGODOME and Fargo Civic Center
• Fire Department
• Municipal Court
• Planning and Development
• Police Department
• Public Works
• Solid Waste
• Water Treatment Plant
In collaboration with department and division heads, the City of Fargo has developed comprehensive Reopening Fargo | Phase II plans.
Evolving from Phase I to Phase II:
• All City Hall departmental reception doors will be open to the public within the facility.
• Capacity for the Fargo City Commission Chambers will be increased from 25% to 50%; this equates to a maximum of 125 people in the Chambers at one time.
• Public meetings will resume in-person presences, with virtual accommodations being made for those who are unable or uncomfortable participating in person.
• MATBUS of Fargo and Moorhead will operate fare-free through December 31, 2020.
• Late payment fees for City utility bills begin being assessed in July 2020 after being deferred during Phase I. Utility shut-offs will also resume when applicable.
• All Fargo Public Library locations will open to the public.
A Continuing Commitment to Safety:
• Paper masks will be available to guests at City facilities as an option.
• Enhanced cleaning schedules to sanitize commonly-touched surfaces multiple times per day are in full utilization.
• City of Fargo staff will undergo symptom self-screening prior to reporting to work and will continue practicing social distancing behaviors and healthy hygiene habits while utilizing personal protective equipment when distancing is not possible.
• If residents prefer, City services and staff members can still be accessed virtually at FargoND.gov/Virtual.
• Official City travel continues to be suspended until further notice.
• The temporary acrylic panels in departmental lobbies will continue to be used during Phase II to protect members of the public and staff.
• Access to the exterior of City Hall will continue to be controlled via a video and electronic entry system.
FARGO CITY HALL MEASURES
The following facility-wide measures for Fargo City Hall will be put into effect on Monday, May 4 and continue until further notice.
• Each department lobby has been fitted with acrylic panels to serve as temporary barriers protecting both members of the public and staff.
• Access to City Hall will be controlled via a video and electronic entry system.
• Physical distancing standards will be adhered to within City Hall.
• The Assessor's Office will refrain from conducting interior reviews of residential properties. Staff will continue to use secondary information, telephone interviews and exterior reviews to collect property data on homes.
AUDITOR'S OFFICE AND FINANCE
• Staff will inform and remind members of the public of the alternative methods to pay bills using autopay, mail or over the internet.
• A physical distancing plan has been developed for the City Commission Chambers redefining the capacity of public meetings as follows.
• A maximum of 15 committee/commission members will be supported on the Chambers' dais desk.
• A maximum of 24 employees at the staff tables and two members of the print media will be permitted at the media tables.
• A maximum of 86 members of the public in the Chamber will be allowed during public meetings.
• Engineers will continue in-field project management activities.
• Facilities staff have enhanced cleaning schedules to sanitize commonly-touched surfaces multiple times per day.
• Air handling filters were replaced prior to opening.
• A deep cleaning of several facilities was conducted during temporary facility closures.
FARGO CASS PUBLIC HEALTH
• The Fargo Cass Public Health Clinic has resumed offering all services including family planning, STD counseling and testing and annual exams. Walk-ins are welcome but appointments are encouraged.
• Victim Impact Panel sessions and Server Training Classes will be held in-person at City Hall. Participants will be required to wear masks.
• The Tobacco Cessation Program offers nicotine dependence counseling both in-person and over the phone.
• The Adult Nursing Division has resumed services, including home visits. COVID-19 prevention measures, including use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), are in place to protect both clients and staff.
• During all public interactions Environmental Health Division staff members will wear masks and other Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) that may be necessary for inspections.
• Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) staff will continue to provide as many services by phone as possible.
• Fargo Cass Public Health will continue to conduct a COVID-19 screening with all clients and visitors. Clients who are not feeling well are encouraged to stay home and re-schedule appointments.
FARGO PUBLIC LIBRARY
• All Fargo Public Library locations will open to the public beginning July 13.
FARGODOME AND FARGO CIVIC CENTER
• The main east lobby/ticket office area and the FARGODOME Administrative Offices will be open to the public. Tickets for Fargo Civic Center events are available through the FARGODOME Ticket Office.
• The arena space will be closed to members of the public until regularly scheduled events resume.
• The lower level meeting rooms will remain closed until further notice.
• The Fargo Fire Department will be exercising physical distancing and utilizing personal protective equipment (PPE) for emergency responses.
• Daily wellness checks will continue.
• All stations will be open to the public, for walk in traffic. Station tours will not occur at this point.
• Inspections will implement an external drop-off submittal box for plans and applications.
• Departmental staff will encourage digital submittals for all plans and applications.
• Staff will utilize digital video inspections whenever possible.
• Rear-loading of busses will continue to be utilized.
• Fare-free promotion will remain in effect through December 31, 2020.
• Destinations such as schools, offices and shopping centers will reopen gradually and transit service may need to shift depending on the status of the destinations served by various routes.
• Fargo Municipal Court will schedule 15 defendants every 15 minutes for arraignment times.
• Family members or other visitors will not be permitted into the courtroom.
PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT
• Planning and Development staff will accept document drop-offs using the exterior utility payment collection box located on the north side of City Hall.
• Fargo Police Department officers will utilize personal protective equipment (PPE) while serving members of the public.
• Public Works staff will utilize personal protective equipment (PPE) while serving members of the public.
• Landfill staff will encourage electronic payment options at the scale house.
• Household Hazardous Waste Facility staff will offer no-contact drop off services for residents.
• The lab sample drop site will be temporarily relocated to the entryway.
• The liquid waste hauler paperwork receptacle will be temporarily relocated to the entryway.
WATER TREATMENT PLANT
• Employees collecting Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) required water samples will wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) when entering sampling locations.