Residential & Commercial Plumbing Permit Information
To request a plumbing inspection, call 701.241.1560 or fax your information to 701.476.6779. The inspector will determine the permit requirements while onsite.
To request underground water inspections and submit tapping requests, call 701.241.1453.
Plumbing & Sanitary or Storm Sewer Permit Fee Schedule
Considering doing your own plumbing?
Here are some things to keep in mind:
- All work must be done in accordance with the North Dakota State Plumbing Code.
- A licensed contractor must be used to bring the sewer and water from the street to within 5 feet of the building.
- All work underground must be inspected and tested before it is covered.
- Plastic waste and vent lines should be supported at a minimum of 4' intervals.
- Copper lines should be supported at a minimum of 6' intervals.
- Vent and waste lines must be inspected and tested before being covered with Sheetrock.
- Testing is to be done with 5 lbs. of air or a 10' head of water held for 15 minutes.
- No more than three (3) fixtures are to be connected to a 1/2" water pipe.
- A ball valve must be provided on both sides of the water meter.
- Water closets and kitchen sinks must have individual valves installed.
- A final inspection is required after fixtures are set.
- Any building, electrical or mechanical work requires permits separate from plumbing permits.