City of Fargo Backyard Chicken Keeping Ordinance
Click on the links below to access sections of the Fargo Municipal Code referring to backyard chicken keeping.
Chapter 12: Control and Protection of Animals, Birds and Fowl.
- This section contains the stipulations in the chicken keeping ordinance.
- Article 12-03 - Domestic Fowl, wild birds, and pets. Refer to section 12-0306 through 12-0315.
Chapter 20: Land Development Code.
- Allows the keeping of chickens as an accessory use to household living.
- Article 20-04 – Use Regulations. Refer to section 20-0403 – Accessory Uses, E. Keeping of Chickens
- Article 20-1203 - Use Categories, C. Residential Use Categories, 2. Household Living, b. Accessory Uses