Project: 3rd Avenue, 11th Street, & 12th Street North Improvements
Today, August 14, contractors for the City of Fargo’s 3rd Avenue, 11th Street, and 12th Street North road and watermain improvement project began roadway removals on the last phase of the project. Crews have fully closed 11th Street North to traffic between 3rd Avenue North and 4th Avenue North. Roadway removals are slated to be complete over the weekend and underground work will begin early next week.
Motorists can expect the following traffic pattern through the work zone:
- CLOSED: 11th Street North between 3rd Avenue and 4th Avenue North
- CLOSED: 3rd Avenue North between 11th Street and 12th Street North, including both intersections
- OPEN: 11th Street North between 2nd Avenue and 3rd Avenue North
- OPEN: 12th Street North between 3rd Avenue to 4th Avenue North
This week, crews completed paving operations on 3rd Avenue North between 11th Street and 12th Street North. Weather permitting, the contractor will widen and seal the new pavement early next week with the goal of reopening this section of roadway by the end of the week to traffic.
Phase work may overlap, and multiple phases may be under construction at the same time. Project work will be split into the following phases:
- Phase One: 3rd Avenue North between University Drive to west of 12th Street North and east of 11th Street to 10th Street North
- Phase Two: 3rd Avenue North between 12th Street to east of 11th Street North
- Phase Three: 12th Street North between 3rd Avenue to 4th Avenue North and 11th Street North between 2nd Avenue to 3rd Avenue North, including work in the 2nd Avenue North intersection
- Phase Four: 11th Street North between 3rd Avenue to 4th Avenue North
The contractor will ensure business and residential access is maintained during each phase of project work. Side streets and alleyways will also remain open for access to residential homes.
The purpose of this project is to upgrade portions of the City’s infrastructure in this area including water main, sanitary sewer, storm sewer, pavement, curb and gutter, and street lighting.
Please slow down and watch for trucks entering and exiting the work area. Pedestrians are encouraged to follow designated detour routes and marked walkways to ensure safe passage through the work zone area.
The project is expected to be completed by early October.