3rd Avenue, 11th Street, & 12th Street North Improvements (2nd Ave to 4th Ave)
Zone: DowntownWhat zone am I?
Start: Spring 2020
Estimated Completion: Fall 2020
Bids were opened on Wednesday, February 19th, 2020 and project award is on the agenda for the Monday, February 24th City Commission Meeting.
An informational meeting was held Tuesday, February 11th, 2020, at 5:30 PM in the City Commission Room at City Hall, 225 4th Street North, Fargo. The meeting was recorded and can be viewed below. Additionally, the meeting video and a PDF of the presentation slides can be viewed via the Project Resources section located on the right side of this page.
February 11, 2020 Public Information Meeting
This project consists of the replacement of the water main, sanitary sewer main and street reconstruction on 3rd Ave N from University Drive to 10th Street, 12th Street North from 3rd Avenue to 4th Avenue, and 11th Street North from 2nd Avenue to 4th Avenue.
- The project will be completed in four phases to limit impacts to property owners and residents within the project area.
- Traffic and parking will not be available within each respective phase while it is under construction.
- The contractor will maintain access to all properties throughout the duration of the project.
To be determined.
Work will commence in early spring 2020 when the frost is out of the ground, which typically happens in mid-April to early May. Construction is anticipated to be completed by October of 2020.
This project will be funded through a combination of Waste Water Utility Funds, Water Utility Funds, State Funds (Prairie Dog) & Special Assessments.
- The existing sanitary sewer is comprised of GUNITE and VCP pipe that was installed over 50 years ago. The pipes are showing signs of deterioration and various sections have areas were tree roots have infiltrated the pipe. The GUNITE pipe will be replaced with 36-inch PVC pipe to accommodate the flow required along 3rd Ave and the VCP will be replaced with 12-inch PVC pipe.
- The portions of the existing water main to be replaced are 6” cast iron pipe (CIP), which is being replaced with DR-18 PVC pipe to minimize impacts and costs associated with breaks. Approximately 60% of the existing water main within the project area will be replaced.
- The street is being fully reconstructed along with the installation of the new sanitary sewer, water main and storm sewer. The reconstruction will include new concrete pavement and curb and gutter. Sidewalks will be replaced in areas that have not been recently redeveloped.