Project: Main Avenue Reconstruction Project
By late evening Saturday, July 25, the North Dakota Department of Transportation (NDDOT) and the City of Fargo contractors will open an additional section of roadway to local traffic on Main Avenue between 8th Street to 7th Street South. Pedestrian access will be maintained on both sides of the roadway throughout this section.
Once traffic control is updated, motorists can expect the following traffic pattern:
- Main Avenue will be open to local traffic between Broadway to west of 8th Street South as well as University Drive to west of the 10th Street underpass
- Main Avenue will remain closed to traffic between west of 10th Street South underpass to 8th Street South
- Pedestrian access is maintained on the south side of Main Avenue within this phase
- Speeds are reduced to 25 mph where traffic control is present
Next week, crews will finish paving operations in the fourth traffic impact along Main Avenue between the 10th Street South underpass to 8th Street South. Crews will also continue sidewalk work, curb and gutter as well as street lighting. All underground work is complete throughout the project limits.
Drivers should plan to use the posted detour route to cross the Red River into Moorhead until project work is complete in October. The posted detour route north of Main Avenue is 1st Avenue North and south of Main Avenue is 1st Avenue South between University Drive to 2nd Street South.
Pedestrian access to all businesses along Main Avenue is provided. The NDDOT and the City of Fargo urge motorists to always be attentive, drive with caution and never enter a road blocked with barriers or cones stating, “road closed.”
PUBLIC INFORMATION MEETINGS
There will not be in-person public information meetings held at this time. Regular project updates will be facilitated through Facebook LIVE videos through the start of the project season. Project staff will share more about the progress of the project work and be available to answer questions.
Virtual Meeting Details:
- WHEN: Biweekly, every other Thursday
- WHERE: NDDOT Fargo District Facebook page
- Video updates will be archived to be viewed at any time on the page