Residential & Commercial Plumbing Permit Information
To request a plumbing inspection, please call 701.241.1560 or fax your information to 701.476.6779. The inspector will determine the permit requirements while onsite.
Plumbing & Sanitary or Storm Sewer Permit Fee Schedule
Considering doing your own plumbing?
Here are some things to keep in mind:
- All work must be done in accordance with the North Dakota State Plumbing Code.
- A licensed contractor must be used to bring the sewer and water from the street to within 5 feet of the building.
- All work underground must be inspected and tested before it is covered.
- Plastic waste and vent lines should be supported at a minimum of 4' intervals.
- Copper lines should be supported at a minimum of 6' intervals.
- Vent and waste lines must be inspected and tested before being covered with sheetrock.
- Testing is to be done with 5 lbs. of air or a 10' head of water held for 15 minutes.
- No more than three (3) fixtures are to be connected to a 1/2" water pipe.
- A ball valve must be provided on both sides of the water meter.
- Water closets and kitchen sinks must have individual valves installed.
- A final inspection is required after fixtures are set.
- Any building, electrical, or mechanical work requires permits separate from plumbing permits.