Project: 52nd Avenue Reconstruction Project
Early next week contractors for the City of Fargo 52nd Avenue South improvement project will permanently open Veterans Boulevard to north and south traffic. The intersection is slated to be reopened to traffic by Monday evening, weather permitting.
After Veterans Blvd intersection has reopened, Monday, August 5, crews will fully close the 53rd Street South intersection to traffic to allow crews to continue work on paving preparations.
Traffic control will not change for residential and business access to the west of Veterans Blvd. Drivers will continue to use the temporary bypass road at Veterans Blvd to access the mainline of 52nd Avenue South and travel west to 53rd Avenue South. An all way stop will be in place at the intersection to assist drivers.
After the closure, motorists will encounter the following access to businesses:
North 52nd Ave S business access:
- Veterans Blvd to 51st Street South to 53rd St S (the roundabout intersection just north of 52nd Ave S)
South 52nd Ave S business access:
- East loop: Through Veterans Blvd intersection to 53rd Ave S business loop
- West loop: Veterans Blvd temp access road, to mainline of 52nd Avenue to 53rd Ave S business loop
The east side of the work zone from Veterans Blvd to over Drain 27 is slated to open to one driving lane in each direction to 45th Street South intersection by mid-August. Both are weather and road condition permitting.
The mile and a half stretch of 52nd Ave S between 45th St S and 63rd St S improvement project will be spread over six-phases through October and completely reconstruct the rural two-lane roadway to an urban four-lane divided roadway with dedicated turn lanes.
Phase work will overlap or begin after specific phases are complete. Eastbound and westbound 52nd Ave S will be reconstructed in multiple phases between:
- East side of Veterans Blvd to west of 45th St S
- East of 63rd St S to west of Veterans Blvd
- West of the 63rd St S intersection to east of McMahon Estates Circle