Project: Roberts Alley & Street Reconstruction Project
Today, Thursday, July 18, by early evening, contractors for the Roberts Street Reconstruction Project will remove traffic control and fully reopen the roadway to motorist and both sidewalks through the weekend.
Over the next few weeks crews will have maintenance work on the sidewalks and repair work in the center roadway panels on Roberts Street. Next week, pedestrians will be impacted by a partial or temporary sidewalk closure on only one side at a time. During the remaining street repairs on Roberts Street traffic and on-street parking will be temporarily impacted.
The Roberts Street reconstruction project included:
- Installation of new 10” water main on Roberts Street and 8” water main on 5th Street N
- Installation of some new sanitary sewer along with sanitary sewer rehabilitation
- Complete road reconstruction and concrete paving
- New curb and gutter and streetlights
- Driveway approaches, sidewalks and tree planting
Last year, the reconstruction and infrastructure project work on Roberts Street was completed in two phases to maintain access to area buildings and parking ramp. Working from south to north, contractors for the City of Fargo worked to replace deteriorating 105-year-old water main and 103-year-old roadway on Roberts Street between 2nd Avenue N to a block south of 4th Avenue N in block section work zones. Crews also replaced a section of 5th Street N between 2nd and 3rd Avenue North that was an 83-year-old roadway in downtown Fargo.