Project:10th Street North Reconstruction Project
Contractors for the North Dakota Department of Transportation (NDDOT) Fargo District and City of Fargo 10th Street North improvement project are close to completing underground work in the 1100 block of 10th Street North. To connect the new utilities, crews need to work in south side of 10th Street North and 12th Avenue North intersection. The intersection will remain open to thru traffic with one lane for travel in each direction when work begins on Wednesday, September 26. Motorists traveling north from 12th Avenue North on 10th Street North will be allowed to make this turning movement from the open driving lane.
This week crews will finish paving operations at 7th Avenue North intersection, remaining curb, residential driveways and sidewalks along the mainline of 10th Street North. Once the 7th Avenue North intersection is restored to east/west traffic and all directions of pedestrian access, crews will move into 6th Avenue North and the 600 block of 10th Street North to begin roadway removals and underground utility work. Crews are also working on the retaining wall under the railroad underpass.
On 10th Street North a driving loop with a single driving lane is open between 9th Avenue North to 11th Avenue North intersections to assist with drop-off/pick-ups at the school. Local traffic is not be able to continue north at 11th Avenue North intersection with the underground and paving operations occurring between the intersections.
Through the construction area, the current traffic pattern for cars, trucks and pedestrians:
- CLOSED: 10th Street N east/west crossing at the 7th intersection
- OPEN: 10th Street North east/west crossing at 6th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th Avenues North intersections
- OPEN: Pedestrian crossing to travel north and south will remain across the 7th Avenue North intersection
- OPEN: 600, 900 and 1000 blocks of 10th Street North to local traffic only
- UPDATED TRUCK DETOUR:
- Westbound of University Drive on 7th Avenue North to south on 4th Street North to west on 4th Avenue North to north on 15th Street North
- Eastbound of 10th Street North on 7th Avenue North to south on 15th Street North to east on 4th Avenue North to north on 4th Street North
- DRIVER DETOUR ROUTE: University Drive between 4th – 12th Avenue North, one-lane in each direction with left-hand turn lanes
- BIKE DETOUR ROUTE: 11th Street North, 4th and 6th Avenue North, and Roberts Street.
- The route will shift to 8th Avenue North when work begins at 6th Avenue North intersection.
- SIDEWALKS: Maintained for use on both sides of 10th Street North including the east side of sidewalk through the railroad underpass
As a reminder, this construction project is to replace aging infrastructure and continuing the city-wide effort to upgrade services for residents and businesses on 10th Street North from 4th Avenue North to 12th Avenue North. By the completion of the project in late fall, north Fargo drivers, residents and businesses will have new concrete driving.