Project: 13th Avenue Reconstruction Project
Tomorrow morning, Saturday, September 1, contractors for the 13th Avenue Road Reconstruction and Infrastructure Improvement Project will open the 13th Avenue and 16th Street East intersection on the south side of the roadway, weather permitting. All 13th Avenue turning movements from the intersection will be restored.
This week crews started mainline paving operations on the westbound lanes in Fargo. Crews paved two lanes on the north side of 13th Avenue between 47th Street South and 50th Street South, along with the 48th Street South intersection. Paving operations will continue next week to pave the final lane in this section.
Traffic is currently on the south side of 13th Avenue between 47th Street South and 17th Street East in Fargo and then crosses back over to be carried on the north side of 13th Avenue between 17th Street East and 12th Street East in West Fargo. Traffic control will remain in this pattern for approximately one more week, weather permitting.
ACCESS CHANGE – Saturday, September 1
- LOCATION: Intersection of 16th Street East and 13th Avenue – south side
- CHANGE: Access to 13th Avenue is OPEN
- REOPENING: Saturday, September 1, weather pending
- PROJECT WORK: Crews paved through the south side of the intersection.
ACCESS CHANGE – Monday, August 20
- LOCATION: Intersection of 48th Street South and 13th Avenue – north side
- CHANGE: Access to 13th Avenue is temporarily closed
- REOPENING: Tuesday, September 4, weather pending
- PROJECT WORK: Crews worked to install new storm sewer and water main on the north side of the intersection. Paving operations have been completed and the intersection will reopen once it has reached its required strength.
TRAFFIC CONTROL – Phase 2 in West Fargo will continue until early September and phase 3 in Fargo will continue until the end of September
Work zone: 13th Avenue between 45th Street South in Fargo to 12th Street East in West Fargo
Traffic control: Motorist are carried side-by-side on the north side of the roadway through West Fargo and carried side-by-side on the south side of the roadway through Fargo
- One driving lane plus dedicated left turn lane each direction
- Access to surrounding side streets
- Business access is maintained
- North side of the roadway – 47th Street South to 17th Street East
- South side of the roadway – 17th Street East to 12th Street East
- Sidewalks – North to south pedestrian crossing is at 9th or 45th Streets
- Intermittent intersection work:
- North side access of 14th, 16th, and 17th intersections
- North side access of 47th, 48th, and 50th intersections
To access commerce or travel through the area, drivers are encouraged to use alternative routes for their east-west driving.
PROJECT PHASES – As the project progresses, there will be multiple shifts in traffic control. The anticipated phase schedule is:
- Phase 2 completion (Current) – Early September – West Fargo portion
- Side-by-side traffic on north side of roadway
- Phase 3 completion – (Current) – End of September – Fargo portion
- Side-by-side traffic on south side of roadway
- Phase 4 completion – Middle of October
- 45th Street intersection pavement repairs (Completed) – Approximately 3 weeks in June
- Project completion – Middle of October (100% traffic open)
**Please remember all schedules are tentative and weather dependent.