Project: 13th Avenue Reconstruction Project
Tomorrow, Saturday, August 4, contractors for the 13th Avenue Road Reconstruction and Infrastructure Improvement Project will initially shift half of the traffic control in the 13th Avenue Reconstruction work zone into the next phase.
Crews will be shifting traffic onto the newly reconstructed driving lanes on the south side of 13th Avenue between 48th Street South and 17th Street East.
Traffic will then cross back over to the old pavement to be carried on the north side of 13th Avenue between 17th Street East and 12th Street East in West Fargo.
Traffic will continue to be carried head-to-head, one lane in each direction, plus turn lanes, in both sections of the work zone.
During this traffic shift, project contractors will:
- Finish grading and paving operations on south side lanes west of 17th Street East through the West Fargo project limits
- Remove the old north side roadway and begin work on the new underground utilities between 48th Street South and east of 17th Street East in Fargo
Beginning Monday, August 6, the south side of the intersection of 13th Avenue and 14th Street East in West Fargo will have a short-term intersection closure as crews begin dirt and gravel work to prepare the intersection for paving operations. During the short-term intersection closure, motorists are not allowed to turn on to the main line of 13th Avenue from the south side.
Once work is completed the turning movements onto 13th Avenue from the intersection will be restored. Project work is expected to last for two days and the intersection will reopen to drivers Tuesday evening
ACCESS CHANGE MAP – Monday, August 6
- LOCATION: Intersection of 14th Street East and 13th Avenue – south side
- CHANGE: Access to 13th Avenue will be temporarily closed
- REOPENING: Tuesday, August 7, late evening
- PROJECT WORK: Crews will work on dirt and gravel work to prepare the intersection for paving operations
TRAFFIC CONTROL – Phase 2, the current traffic phase will continue into early August and phase 3 will continue until the end of September
Work zone: 13th Avenue between 45th Street South in Fargo to 12th Street East in West Fargo
Traffic control: Motorist are carried side-by-side on the north side of the roadway
- One driving lane plus dedicated left turn lane each direction
- Access to surrounding side streets
- Business access is maintained
- South side of the roadway – 48th Street South and 17th Street East
- North side of the roadway – 17th Street East and 12th Street East
- Sidewalks – North to south pedestrian crossing is at 9th or 45th Streets
- Intermittent intersection work: south side access of 14th, 16th, and 17th intersections
To access commerce or travel through the area, drivers are encouraged to use alternative routes for their east-west driving.
PROJECT PHASES – As the project progresses, there will be multiple shifts in traffic control. The anticipated phase schedule is:
- Phase 2 completion (Current) – early August
- Side-by-side traffic on north side of roadway
- Phase 3 completion – (Current) – end of September
- Side-by-side traffic on south side of roadway
- Phase 4 completion – Middle of October
- 45th Street intersection pavement repairs (Completed) – Approximately 3 weeks in June
- Project completion – Middle of October (100% traffic open)
**Please remember all schedules are tentative and weather dependent.