Project: 25th Street & 13th Ave S Intersection Reconstruction
Contractors for the 25th Street South concrete pavement repair (CPR) project reopened the west side of 25th Street S from 5th Avenue South to 2nd Avenue South this afternoon. Motorists now have two lanes in each direction on the newly improved roadway through this stretch.
Beginning Tuesday, July 24, early in the morning crews will begin phase six of project work on the west side of 25th Street South between 8th Avenue South to just south of 5th Avenue South. Motorists will be carried side-by-side through the two-block stretch work zone area. Access to businesses will be maintained.
Phase six traffic impacts on 25th Street South between 8th Avenue South to south of 5th Avenue South:
- Traffic will be side-by-side in the northbound lanes
- 5th Avenue South intersection will be open to all traffic movements
- Sidewalks will be closed on west side and maintained on east side of 25th Street South
Phase three traffic impacts on 25th Street South between 12th Avenue South to 9th Avenue South:
- Traffic is side-by-side in the northbound lanes
- 12th Avenue South intersection is closed to drivers from 25th Street South
- 9th Avenue South is open to all traffic movements
- Sidewalks are closed on west side and maintained on east side of 25th Street South
The CPR project work north of the 13th Avenue South intersection to south of the railroad crossing near 2nd Avenue South will be complete by September.
In CPR projects, crews remove the deteriorated areas of the driving surface and replace the area with new concrete. Sections of the roadway will re-open to traffic once designed strength has been achieved on the new concrete. There may be periods of time when workers are not present in the zone while concrete is curing over a period of time.
With crews working so close to moving traffic in CPR work zones, drivers are reminded to slow down, eliminate distractions and pay attention to signage. Speeds are reduced in the work zone.
**Please remember all schedules are tentative and weather dependent.