7th Avenue & Oak Street North Improvements
Zone: NorthWhat zone am I?
Start: Spring 2022
Estimated Completion: Fall 2022
Current Status (Updated 10/27/2022):
This project is now substantially complete and open to traffic.
Construction activities include the removal and replacement of the existing water main, sanitary sewer repairs, upgrades to the storm sewer system, new asphalt pavement, new concrete curb and gutter, and new sidewalks and driveway aprons.
An open house format informational meeting was held Monday, November 8th, 2021, at 5:00 PM in the City Commission Room at City Hall, 225 4th Street North, Fargo. A link to the video of this meeting is available in the Project Resources section on the right side of this page.
Key Contracting Inc.
This project will be constructed in phases to minimize local impacts as much as possible.
Project work will be split into the following phases, which may run concurrent:
- Phase 1: 7th Avenue North from ½ Block east of 2nd Street to Oak Street - Up to 50 Days allowed for this closure.
- Phase 1A: 2nd Street North & 7th Avenue Intersection (Lane Closure) - Up to 6 Days allowed for this closure.
- Phase 2: 7th Avenue North from Oak Street to Elm Street - Up to 21 Days allowed for this closure.
- Phase 2A: Elm Street & 7th Avenue North Intersection - Up to 6 Days allowed for this closure.
- Phase 3: Oak Street North from the BNSF Rail Road Tracks to 7th Avenue - Up to 60 Days allowed for this closure.
- Phase 4: Oak Street North from 7th Avenue to 8th Avenue - Up to 60 Days allowed for this closure.
Days are counted as calendar days not working days.
1. The Contractor shall maintain vehicle and pedestrian access into the Oak Grove neighborhood via 6th Avenue North or 7th Avenue North by leaving one of these avenues open at all times. The closed avenue shall have a detour route guiding the Public to the open avenue.
2. Phases 1A shall be completed within the Phase 1 timeline.
3. Phases 2A shall be completed within the Phase 2 timeline.
4. Phases 2 and 4 shall not run concurrently. Phase 4 shall remain open for residential parking while Phase 2 is under construction. The Contractor must not park or stage materials/equipment in Phase 4 while Phase 2 is closed.
It is anticipated that construction will begin in the spring of 2022 with all roads reopened by the fall of 2022.
This project will be funded through a combination of Waste Water Utility Funds, Water Utility Funds, Storm Utility Funds, Traffic/Street Light Utility Funds, Street Sales Tax Funds, and Special Assessments.
- This stretch of roadway has aging pavement and underground utilities that have been subject to numerous unscheduled repairs through the years.
- A cul-de-sac will also be added to the south end of Oak Street North.