Project: 52nd Avenue Reconstruction Project
Starting this week, contractors for City of Fargo’s 52nd Avenue South roadway and infrastructure improvement project will resume work to complete carry over items from last year including multi-use paths and landscaping, as well as warranty work such as curb and road panel replacements. Motorists will experience intermittent lane closures along 52nd Avenue South between 45th Street South and west of 63rd Street South as project work requires.
Beginning Wednesday, May 13, motorists can expect the following traffic impacts along 52nd Avenue while crews are onsite:
- Single outside eastbound lane closure between 63rd Street South and 53rd Avenue South
- Single westbound lane closure that will shift as work progresses between east of the drain 27 bridge to 45th Street South
- Speeds will be reduced where traffic control is present
The lane closures are necessary to ensure worker’s safety during the installation of the new multi-use path and concrete pavement repairs needed on the curb and roadway.
All project work is slated to be complete by early July.
In 2019 crews began work on 52nd Avenue South construction to turn this roadway from a rural two-lane roadway to a four-lane divided roadway with dedicated turn lanes. The project benefits include:
- ADDITIONAL DRIVING LANES: Two driving plus turn lanes were added between 45th St S through 63rd St S in each direction
- ADDITION OF PERMANENT SIGNALIZED INTERSECTIONS: Veterans Blvd and 63rd St S
- SAFER SIDE STREET CROSSINGS: RCUT intersections were added at 47th Street South, 53rd Street South, and 53rd Avenue South. Benefits of an RCUT intersection:
- Eliminates dangerous left-turn and cross traffic movements (T-Bone)
- Offers a well-defined access to the arterial roadway
- Cost effective and safe solution for smaller intersections that don’t qualify for a signal system
- PROTECTED PEDESTRIAN CROSSINGS: Intersection of 63rd St S, Veterans Blvd, and 45th St S
- UPGRADED CITY SERVICES: New storm sewer and water underground, street lighting, and new shared used path along both sides of 52nd Ave S and underneath the new drain 27 bridges
**Please remember all schedules are tentative and weather dependent.