Project:10th Street North Reconstruction Project
Starting, tomorrow, Wednesday May 15, the final phase of 10th Street North reconstruction work in the railroad underpass is set to begin in north Fargo.
Crews will shift traffic control to convert the one-way roadway of University Drive to carry both northbound and southbound traffic between 4th Avenue North to 7th Avenue North intersections.
Ahead of the morning commute, motorists will encounter the following changes to their route:
- OPEN: 4th Avenue North and 10th Street North intersection fully open to east – west traffic
- CLOSED: 10th Street N between 4th Avenue N to 6th Avenue N
- DETOUR: Head-to-head traffic on University Drive, one lane in each direction between 4th Avenue N to 7th Avenue N
All other one-way northbound traffic will remain on 10th Street N and southbound traffic will remain on University Drive.
Until next week, the single lane closures on 10th Street N between 6th Avenue North to 12th Avenue North will remain to allow crews to safely complete driveway tie-ins, sidewalks and bus shelter work between 6th Avenue N – 12th Avenue North.
- 10th Street N between 6th Avenue N to 7th Avenue N: Single northbound driving lane carried on eastside
- 10th Street N between 7th Avenue N to 12th Avenue N: Single northbound driving lane carried on westside
Pedestrian access will remain open to north/south travel on 10th Street N and east/west crossings at all intersections between 6th – 12th Avenues including in the railroad underpass on the eastside of the roadway.
The full roadway closure is needed to complete underground utility and lift station connections and improve the roadway in the railroad underpass. By the end of June, all work is expected to be complete and traffic control will be removed from the north Fargo area.
Later this month or early June, crews will have short-term closures at various times on 10th Street from 4th Avenue N to 13th Avenue N to complete boulevard grading, seeding, permanent signing and striping as well as permanent striping on University Drive.
The project work in north Fargo is to upgrade the roadway of 10th Street N between 4th – 12th Avenue North intersections and improve safety for all users.