Project: 13th Avenue Reconstruction Project
Starting this week, 13th Avenue will have temporary lane reductions between 45th Street South in Fargo to 9th Street East in West Fargo.
On Wednesday, May 1, at 6 a.m. contractors for 13th Avenue Road Reconstruction and Infrastructure Improvement Project will resume construction on 13th Avenue to complete final project work. Crews will begin the completion of medians, sidewalks, striping, seeding and landscaping. Work is anticipated to last about two weeks.
To safely finish project work, the inside driving lane next to the median will be closed in each direction. Traffic will become reduced and shift to the outside driving lanes along 13th Avenue. All side-street access will remain open, but motorists may experience temporary lane-shifts while crews work near the intersections.
As work progresses traffic control will be removed, and additional lanes will be opened through the work zone.
Once work begins, motorists will encounter the following:
- Eastbound drivers will remain on the south side roadway
- Westbound drivers will remain on the north side roadway
- Outside driving lanes plus dedicated left turn lane in each direction will remain open
TRAFFIC CONTROL - Motorists are carried on the outside through lanes and remain on the respective side of travel.
Work zone: 13th Avenue between 45th Street S in Fargo to 9th Street E in West Fargo
- Outside driving lanes plus dedicated left turn lane in each direction
- All intersections have access to mainline
- Access to surrounding side streets
- Business access is maintained
- Median driving lanes in both directions -- 45th Street S to 9th Street E
- Sidewalks (short-duration closures in isolated work areas)
The 2018 project work included the construction of a new 6-lane roadway in Fargo and 3-lane westbound and 2-lane eastbound roadway in West Fargo, as well as above and below ground infrastructure improvements from 45th Street S in Fargo to 9th Street E in West Fargo (approximately 1 mile).
The project replaced aging infrastructure, improved both pedestrian and vehicular safety and increased roadway capacity through the area.
**Please remember all schedules are tentative and weather dependent.