Broadway Bicycle/Pedestrian Safety Zone
The City of Fargo has designated the downtown section of Broadway as a Bicycle/Pedestrian Safety Zone. The zone includes Broadway’s street and sidewalks and extends from 6th Avenue North to NP Avenue.
- Ride on the street and obey rules of the road for vehicles.
- Use appropriate hand signals for turning and stopping.
- Ride close to the center lane to maximize visibility.
- Wear a helmet.
Bicycles are allowed on any other street or sidewalk outside of the Broadway Bicycle/Pedestrian Safety Zone. Please be courteous to pedestrians, walk your bike across the crosswalks, and watch out for turning vehicles.
- Allow bicyclists to integrate into traffic.
- Drive carefully and watch for pedestrians, bicyclists, and vehicles backing out of parking spaces.
- Bicyclists must walk their bikes in the Bicycle/Pedestrian Safety Zone and obey rules for pedestrians.
- Cross streets only at crosswalks.
- Obey traffic signals.
For more information about walking or bicycling on Broadway, please review this brochure.
The City of Fargo has secure bicycle lockers for rent at three downtown locations:
- The Metro Area Transit Ground Transportation Center (502 NP Avenue) has four lockers.
- The NDSU Renaissance Hall parking lot (650 NP Avenue) has four lockers.
- The 2nd Avenue parking lot (behind Black building) has eight lockers.
The lockers cost $10 per month (three-month minimum)or $100 per year, with a $30 deposit.