Liquor Control Board
The Liquor Control Committee considers requests for additional liquor licenses as well as new classes of licenses. They are charged with reviewing the Alcoholic Beverage Ordinances on a regular basis to determine if additional licenses should be made available due to changes in population, etc. Their recommendations are forwarded to the City Commission for final action.
Ordinance 25-1508 outlines several factors to be considered by the City Commission, and, therefore, by the Committee, when granting or denying a license or transfer of a license.
This board performs several functions related to the sale of alcohol in the City of Fargo. The board's roles include:
- Making sure that liquor license holders meet the requirements to retain their license.
- Hearing appeals related to compliance checks or violations.
- Drafting new and revised ordinances related to the sale of alcohol in Fargo.
- Making recommendations to the City Commission on matters related to alcohol sales and licensing.
The board consists of:
- Two Fargo City Commissioners
- Fargo Police Chief
- City Auditor
- Director of Environmental Health
The board meets on the third Wednesday of the month at 1:30 p.m. in the City Commission Room at City Hall, 225 4th Street North. To place an item on the board's agenda, contact Steve Sprague at least a week before the meeting at which you wish to speak.
As a courtesy, copies of meeting notices are sent to the F-M Beverage Dealers.
Meetings are broadcast live on cable channel TV Fargo 56 and online at www.FargoND.gov/streaming. They are rebroadcast each Wednesday at 8 a.m. and Sunday at 8 a.m.