Liquor Control Board
The Liquor Control Committee considers requests for additional liquor licenses as well as new classes of licenses. They are charged with reviewing the Alcoholic Beverage Ordinances on a regular basis to determine if additional licenses should be made available due to changes in population, etc. Their recommendations are forwarded to the City Commission for final action.
Ordinance 25-1508 outlines several factors to be considered by the City Commission, and, therefore, by the Committee, when granting or denying a license or transfer of a license.
This board performs several functions related to the sale of alcohol in the City of Fargo. The board's roles include:
- Making sure that liquor license holders meet the requirements to retain their license.
- Hearing appeals related to compliance checks or violations.
- Drafting new and revised ordinances related to the sale of alcohol in Fargo.
- Making recommendations to the City Commission on matters related to alcohol sales and licensing.
The board consists of:
- One Fargo City Commissioner
- Two members of the Fargo community that expire July 2023
and two members of the Fargo community that expire July 2025
The board meets on the third Wednesday of the month at 1:30 p.m. in the City Commission Room at City Hall, 225 4th Street North. To place an item on the board's agenda, contact Steve Sprague at least a week before the meeting at which you wish to speak.
As a courtesy, copies of meeting notices are sent to the F-M Beverage Dealers.
Meetings are broadcast live on cable channel TV Fargo 56 and online at www.FargoND.gov/streaming. They are rebroadcast each Wednesday at 8 a.m. and Sunday at 8 a.m.