Book Club in a Bag
Book Club in a Bag kits are available for checkout at the Main Library and the Dr. James Carlson branch. Each kit comes with everything you need to start your own book club or keep your current club supplied. Zippered tote bags contain 10 copies of a single title and a list of discussion questions to help spark conversation. Some kits contain two large print copies of the title. See all of our Book Club in a Bag kits here.
Children's Book Club in a Bag
Children's Book Club in a Bag kits are available in the Children's Room at the Main Library.
With a variety of titles including some old favorites in addition to more recent popular stories, and selections for varying reading levels, the Children's Book Club in a Bag kits appeal to most reader tastes and abilities.
Guidelines for Adult and Children's Book Club in a Bag Kits
- Book Club in a Bag kits check out for six weeks and may be sent to any Fargo Public Library location for pick-up. Kits may not be renewed and are limited to one per card.
- The borrower of a kit is responsible for returning the Book Club in a Bag with all items intact. A tag on the outside of the kit includes a list of items to help confirm everything has been returned. Kits also include a sign-up sheet to allow the borrower to keep track of those who have books from the kit.
- The borrower of a Book Club in a Bag is financially responsible for all items in the kit. If your group happens to lose or damage a book, the borrower will be charged the replacement cost of the book and a processing fee. If an entire kit is lost or damaged, the borrower will be charged $120 (the cost of the kit) plus a processing fee.
- Overdue fines for Book Club in a Bag kits are $2 per day.
- Kits may be returned to any Fargo Public Library location, but they must be returned inside the library—not in a drop box.
- You must place a hold using the online catalog to reserve a kit. If you have questions, please call the information desk at either the Main Library 701.241.1492, or the Dr. James Carlson Library 701.476.5980.
Book Club in a Bag kits are funded in part by The Friends of the Fargo Public Library.