Project: Roberts Alley & Street Reconstruction Project
Beginning Tuesday, May 28, contractors for the Roberts Street Reconstruction Project will begin on the final phase of Roberts Street reconstruction between 2nd Avenue North to 4th Avenue North.
Crews will fully close Roberts Street from north of the Dillard building to the 4th Avenue N intersection to through traffic.
When construction activity begins, the following access changes for Roberts Street will include:
- Traffic will be detoured to 7th Street North
- Pedestrian access will be maintained on the west side
- Roberts Commons parking ramp entrance will be maintained from the south via 2nd Street N to Roberts Street
- Access to businesses on the east side of Roberts Street will be from Roberts Alley
- On-street parking will be allowed in the south portion along Roberts Street from south of Roberts Commons parking ramp entrance
Work on Roberts Street will include:
- Installation of new 10” water main on Roberts Street and 8” water main on 5th Street N
- Installation of some new sanitary sewer along with sanitary sewer rehabilitation
- Complete road reconstruction and concrete paving
- New curb and gutter and streetlights
- Driveway approaches, sidewalks and tree planting
Last year, the reconstruction and infrastructure project work on Roberts Street was completed in two phases to maintain access to area buildings and parking ramp. Working from south to north, contractors for the City of Fargo worked to replace deteriorating 105-year-old water main and 103-year-old roadway on Roberts Street between 2nd Avenue N to a block south of 4th Avenue N in block section work zones. Crews also replaced a section of 5th Street N between 2nd and 3rd Avenue North that was an 83-year-old roadway in downtown Fargo.