Board of Health
The Fargo Cass Public Health Board of Health is an advisory board appointed by the City of Fargo Commission. The Board of Health meets every other month. Duties of the Board of Health include:
- Be a community advocate for public health. Assist the department in maintaining a positive public image.
- Set the direction for effective organizational planning.
- Approve goals and objectives developed by health department staff. Ensure that the programs planned support the health department mission and philosophy.
- Assist in prioritizing programs with regard to community needs.
- Approve and review the annual budget and financial reports. Make recommendations as necessary to the appropriate commission.
- Recommend health department policies and procedures.
- Attend Board of Health meetings. Ask questions, bring up community issues, and provide suggestions to staff.
- Make recommendations to Fargo City Commission, West Fargo City Commission, and Cass County Commission regarding enforcement issuers necessary to maintain the health of the public.
Meeting Schedule & Location
The Board meets every other month at 12 p.m. in the City Commission Room at 200 3rd Street North, Fargo, ND, 58102. Meetings are broadcast live on cable channel TV Fargo 56 and can be seen live at www.FargoND.gov/streaming. They are rebroadcast each Tuesday at 10:30 a.m.
All meetings are open to the public. People with disabilities who plan to attend the meeting and need special accommodations should reach out to Fargo Cass Public health by contacting Linda Anderson by email or calling 701.241.1361. Please contact Fargo Cass Public Health at least three business days in advance of public meetings to give staff adequate time to make arrangements.