During the month of November, the City of Fargo will partner with MinnKota Recycling to promote the “Cans to Cartons” Recycling Challenge.
MinnKota Recycling will provide a one cent per pound match for all the aluminum cans collected at the MinnKota Redemption Center and the City of Fargo recycling drop sites during the month of November.
The one cent match proceeds from the aluminum cans will benefit the ‘Got No Milk’ programs with the Fargo Public Schools. The ‘Got No Milk’ program provides milk for elementary students for their mid-morning snack.
Drop sites are located at:
- Coliseum - 807 17th Ave. N.
- McKinley - 2930 8th St. N.
- Water Treatment Plant – 1408 River Road S.
- Longfellow Elementary School – 2029th Ave. N.
- Michelson Field – 901 Oak St. N.
- Lincoln School - 2120 9th St. S.
- Park District - 4515 S. University
- Centennial - 4201 25th St. S.
- Lewis & Clark 1729 16th St. S.
- Osgood Fire Station – 3957 Village Lane
In 2019, The City of Fargo donated $192.15 to the Got No Milk program at Fargo Public Schools. This donation helped provide 1,100 cartons of milk for students.