By order of Fargo Mayor Dr. Tim Mahoney, and in full cooperation with Fargo Cass Public Health, The City of Fargo will activate Orange Operations for City Facilities at 7:45 a.m. on Monday, October 19. Orange Operations acknowledge the new High Risk Level for COVID-19 in Cass County.
Orange Operations adjust facility plans to maintain adherence to NDSmart Restart guidance provided by the State of North Dakota and the North Dakota Department of Health. This plan will remain in effect until further notice.
Major modifications to operations include, but are not limited to:
- Members of the public will be required to wear masks within all City facilities at all times.
- City staff members continue to utilize masks, as required in employment policies.
- Six-foot physical distancing will be maintained whenever possible.
- Capacity for the City Commission Chambers will be reduced to 46 members of the public to ensure six-foot physical distancing for visitors and City staff; this is less than one-fourth of the Chambers capacity. Overflow seating will be available in the atrium and corridors.
- All City Hall departmental reception doors will be controlled via an electronic entry system and members of the public will meet with City staff in isolated conference rooms that are sanitized after each use.
- Public meetings will be conducted as legally required with a strong preference of utilizing virtual formats whenever possible.
- The resident comment period at City Commission meetings will be suspended until further notice to avoid large gatherings. Residents are encouraged to contact City Commissioners via the City website.
- Essential City services are operating and members of the public are encouraged to reach out to the City by telephone, email or FargoOne at FargoND.gov/Virtual.