Project: 3rd Avenue, 11th Street, & 12th Street North Improvements
By early evening Friday, September 18, contractors for the City of Fargo’s 3rd Avenue, 11th Street, and 12th Street North road and watermain improvement project will open the newly reconstructed 11th Street North roadway between 3rd Avenue and 4th Avenue North to through traffic.
The 2nd Avenue and 11th Street North intersection will remain closed through the weekend and reopen Monday morning. The closure was needed for emergency sewer repairs and private utility work.
Motorists can expect the following traffic pattern through the work zone:
- OPEN: 11th Street North between 3rd Avenue and 4th Avenue North
- CLOSED: 11th Street North and 2nd Avenue North intersection
- Weather permitting, opening Monday
This week, crews completed all mainline and sidewalk paving operations along 11th Street. Crews also completed concrete pours within the 2nd Avenue North intersection.
Project work was split into the following phases:
- Phase One - Complete: 3rd Avenue North between University Drive to west of 12th Street North, and east of 11th Street to 10th Street North
- Phase Two - Complete: 3rd Avenue North between 12th Street to east of 11th Street North
- Phase Three – Complete: 12th Street North between 3rd Avenue to 4th Avenue North and 11th Street North between 2nd Avenue to 3rd Avenue North, including work in the 2nd Avenue North intersection
- Phase Four – Opening Friday: 11th Street North between 3rd Avenue to 4th Avenue North
The contractor ensured business and residential access was maintained during each phase of project work. Side streets and alleyways remained open for access to residential homes.
The purpose of this project was to upgrade portions of the City’s infrastructure in this area including water main, sanitary sewer, storm sewer, pavement, curb and gutter, and street lighting.