Project: 3rd Avenue, 11th Street, & 12th Street North Improvements
Effective immediately, contractors for the City of Fargo’s 3rd Avenue, 11th Street, and 12th Street North road and watermain improvement project closed the 2nd Avenue and 11th Street North intersection. The closure is needed for emergency sewer repairs and private utility work. The intersection is slated to reopen in approximately one week. Drivers and pedestrians are encouraged to find an alternative route.
Motorists can expect the following traffic pattern through the work zone:
- CLOSED: 11th Street North between 3rd Avenue and 4th Avenue North
- CLOSED: 11th Street North and 2nd Avenue North intersection
- OPEN: 11th Street North and 3rd Avenue North intersection
This week, crews are slated to begin mainline paving operations on 11th Street North along with sidewalk removals and replacements.
Project work will be split into the following phases:
- Phase One: 3rd Avenue North between University Drive to west of 12th Street North and east of 11th Street to 10th Street North
- Phase Two: 3rd Avenue North between 12th Street to east of 11th Street North
- Phase Three: 12th Street North between 3rd Avenue to 4th Avenue North and 11th Street North between 2nd Avenue to 3rd Avenue North, including work in the 2nd Avenue North intersection
- Phase Four: 11th Street North between 3rd Avenue to 4th Avenue North
The contractor will ensure business and residential access is maintained during each phase of project work. Side streets and alleyways will also remain open for access to residential homes.
The purpose of this project is to upgrade portions of the City’s infrastructure in this area including water main, sanitary sewer, storm sewer, pavement, curb and gutter, and street lighting.
Please slow down and watch for trucks entering and exiting the work area. Pedestrians are encouraged to follow designated detour routes and marked walkways to ensure safe passage through the work zone area.
The project is expected to be completed by early October.