Project: 3rd Avenue, 11th Street, & 12th Street North Improvements
By early evening tonight, July 8, contractors for the City of Fargo’s 3rd Avenue, 11th Street, and 12th Street North road and watermain improvement project will close the next section of 3rd Avenue North to traffic between 11th Street and 12th Street North, including both intersections.
With both intersections closed, residential access will be maintained from University Drive and 10th Street North. Prior to the closure, crews will reopen the newly constructed 11th Street and 12th Street North roadway sections to local traffic.
Motorists can expect the following traffic pattern through the work zone:
- CLOSED: 3rd Avenue North between 11th Street and 12th Street North, including both intersections
- OPEN: 11th Street North between 2nd Avenue and 3rd Avenue North
- OPEN: 12th Street North between 3rd Avenue to 4th Avenue North
This week, crews are continuing sidewalk work on the east sides of 11th Street and 12th Street North. Motorist can expect limited parking available on the west side of 12th Street and no parking on the east side of the road or on either side of 11th Street North.
Phase work may overlap, and multiple phases may be under construction at the same time. Project work will be split into the following phases:
- Phase One: 3rd Avenue North between University Drive to west of 12th Street North and east of 11th Street to 10th Street North
- Phase Two: 3rd Avenue North between 12th Street to east of 11th Street North
- Phase Three: 12th Street North between 3rd Avenue to 4th Avenue North and 11th Street North between 2nd Avenue to 3rd Avenue North, including work in the 2nd Avenue North intersection
- Phase Four: 11th Street North between 3rd Avenue to 4th Avenue North
The contractor will ensure business and residential access is maintained during each phase of project work. Side streets and alleyways will also remain open for access to residential homes.
The purpose of this project is to upgrade portions of the City’s infrastructure in this area including water main, sanitary sewer, storm sewer, pavement, curb and gutter, and street lighting.
Please slow down and watch for trucks entering and exiting the work area. Pedestrians are encouraged to follow designated detour routes and marked walkways to ensure safe passage through the work zone area.
The project is expected to be completed by early October.