Project: 10th Street North Reconstruction
By early morning Monday, June 22, contractors for the City of Fargo will reopen the first phase of project work on 10th Street North from 19th Avenue North to 22nd Avenue North. Construction on the remaining phases, from 22nd Avenue North to 28th Avenue North, should be complete by late October.
Motorists can expect the following traffic patterns:
- 10th Street North will remain closed to traffic between 25th Avenue North to 28th Avenue North, including the 25th Avenue North intersection
- Business and residential access will be maintained via sidewalk access
- On-street parking and driveways access will be unavailable within active construction segments in the project limits
- Parking will be available along open blocks of 10th Street and adjacent avenues
This week, crews finalized all driveways and sidewalk ADA ramps through the first phase of project work. All underground rehabilitation and dirt work is complete within phase three and crews will begin on sidewalks early next week.
Project work will be split into the following phases:
- Phase One: 19th Avenue to 22nd Avenue North
- Phase Two: 22nd Avenue to 25th Avenue North, including the 22nd Avenue intersection
- Phase Three: 25th Avenue to 28th Avenue North, including the 25th Avenue intersection
The contractor is allowed to work on phase one and three simultaneously, but phase two work can only begin once access is resumed to the affected properties in the other phases. Pedestrian access will be maintained throughout each phase of project work.
The purpose of this project is to upgrade portions of the City’s infrastructure including water main, sanitary, storm sewers, paving, street lighting, and the traffic signals located at the intersections of 10th Street North and 19th Avenue North.
In addition, driveway approaches and sidewalks on 10th Street North will be repaired. Please slow down and watch for trucks entering and exiting the work area.
**Please remember all schedules are tentative and weather dependent.