Project: 3rd Avenue, 11th Street, & 12th Street North Improvements
Tomorrow morning, contractors for the City of Fargo’s 3rd Avenue, 11th Street, and 12th Street North road and watermain improvement project will close the 3rd Avenue North and 11th Street North intersection to traffic. With the intersection closed, residential access will be maintained from University Drive and 10th Street North.
The intersection closure is part of phase two project work. An adjacent project requires the closure of 11th Street North during daytime hours for a crane placement. To reduce the number of times residents will be impacted, the City is coordinating with the contractor to make one concurrent road closure. The intersection closure is expected to be in place for up to 30 days and residential access will be maintained throughout construction.
By 9 a.m. Friday, June 19, motorists can expect the following sections of roadway to be closed to traffic:
- 3rd Avenue North and 11th Street North intersection
- 11th Street North between 2nd Avenue and 3rd Avenue North, including the 2nd Avenue intersection
- 12th Street North between 3rd Avenue to 4th Avenue North
This week, crews are finishing pouring curb along 11th Street and 12th Street North as well as completing all needed tie-ins. The 2nd Avenue and 11th Street North intersection is expected to reopen by the weekend. Early next week, mainline paving operations will begin in both sections of roadways.
Phase work may overlap, and multiple phases may be under construction at the same time. Project work will be split into the following phases:
- Phase One: 3rd Avenue North between University Drive to west of 12th Street North and east of 11th Street to 10th Street North
- Phase Two: 3rd Avenue North between 12th Street to east of 11th Street North
- Phase Three: 12th Street North between 3rd Avenue to 4th Avenue North and 11th Street North between 2nd Avenue to 3rd Avenue North, including work in the 2nd Avenue North intersection
- Phase Four: 11th Street North between 3rd Avenue to 4th Avenue North
The contractor will ensure business and residential access is maintained during each phase of project work. Side streets and alleyways will also remain open for access to residential homes.
The purpose of this project is to upgrade portions of the City’s infrastructure in this area including water main, sanitary sewer, storm sewer, pavement, curb and gutter, and street lighting.
Please slow down and watch for trucks entering and exiting the work area.
The project is expected to be completed by early October.