Project: 3rd Avenue, 11th Street, & 12th Street North Improvements
This week, contractors for the City of Fargo’s 3rd Avenue, 11th Street, and 12th Street North road and watermain improvement project will set up traffic control to temporarily close the intersection of 2nd Avenue and 11th Street North to begin concrete pavement repairs. The intersection closure will be in place for approximately 10 days.
Beginning tomorrow, June 2, after 8:30 a.m., motorists can expect the following roadway sections to be closed:
- 2nd Avenue and 11th Street North intersection
- 11th Street North between 2nd Avenue and 3rd Avenue North
- 12th Street North between 3rd Avenue to 4th Avenue North
- 3rd Avenue North between University Drive to west of 12th Street North
- 3rd Avenue North between east of 11th Street to 10th Street North
Project work is progressing within phase one of the work zone limits. In addition to the intersection closure this week, crews began paving operations today along 3rd Avenue North. To allow enough room during paving operations motorists will experience temporary lane shifts on University Drive and 10th Street North.
The following areas will be paved early this week:
- Today, June 1, crews are paving 3rd Avenue North between east of 11th Street to 10th Street North
- Wednesday, June 3, crews will pave 3rd Avenue North between University Drive to west 12th Street North
Lane shifts will begin around 8 a.m. each day and last approximately four hours. Flaggers will be present to help direct traffic when trucks are entering and exiting the work zone. With both sections of the road under construction, 3rd Avenue North is closed to thru traffic between University Drive and 10th Street North.
Phase one of project work is slated to reopen to traffic by the middle of June, weather permitting.
Phase work may overlap, and multiple phases may be under construction at the same time. Project work will be split into the following phases:
- Phase One: 3rd Avenue North between University Drive to west of 12th Street North and east of 11th Street to 10th Street North
- Phase Two: 3rd Avenue North between 12th Street to east of 11th Street North
- Phase Three: 12th Street North between 3rd Avenue to 4th Avenue North and 11th Street North between 2nd Avenue to 3rd Avenue North, including work in the 2nd Avenue North intersection
- Phase Four: 11th Street North between 3rd Avenue to 4th Avenue North
The contractor will ensure business and residential access is maintained during each phase of project work. Access is currently primarily maintained from the north by use of 4th Avenue North to 11th Street North to 3rd Avenue North. Side streets and alleyways also remain open for access to residential homes.
The purpose of this project is to upgrade portions of the City’s infrastructure in this area including water main, sanitary sewer, storm sewer, pavement, curb and gutter, and street lighting.
Please slow down and watch for trucks entering and exiting the work area.
The project work should be complete by early November.