Project: 10th Street North Reconstruction
Beginning late afternoon today, May 19, contractors for the City of Fargo’s 10th Street North improvement project will set up traffic control for a single westbound lane closure on 19th Avenue North between 10th Street to 9½ Street North. The lane closure is needed for a concrete pavement repair within the 10th Street and 19th Avenue North intersection.
Once all traffic control is in place, motorists can expect:
- Single westbound lane closure on 19th Avenue North between 10th Street to 9½ Street North
- 10th Street North fully closed to traffic between 19th Avenue North to 22nd Avenue North
- Business and residential access maintained via sidewalk access
- On-street parking and driveways access closed within the project limits
- Parking is available along open blocks of 10th Street and adjacent avenues
Early next week, project work is slated to move to the north end of the project limits into phase three which includes work on 10th Street North between 25th Avenue North to 28th Avenue North. During this phase, the 25th Avenue intersection will be fully closed to traffic.
The contractor is allowed to work on phase one and three simultaneously, but phase two work can only begin once access is resumed to the affected properties in the other phases.
Project work will be split into the following phases:
- Phase One: 19th Avenue to 22nd Avenue North
- Phase Two: 22nd Avenue to 25th Avenue North, including the 22nd Avenue intersection
- Phase Three: 25th Avenue to 28th Avenue North, including the 25th Avenue intersection
Pedestrian access will be maintained throughout each phase of project work.
The purpose of this project is to upgrade portions of the City’s infrastructure including water main, sanitary, storm sewers, paving, street lighting, and the traffic signals located at the intersections of 10th Street North and 19th Avenue North.
In addition, driveway approaches and sidewalks on 10th Street North will be repaired. Please slow down and watch for trucks entering and exiting the work area. Construction should be complete by late October.
Adjacent Project Work: 10th Street North currently has a northbound lane closure in place between 19th and 28th Avenues North. The closure is in place for private utility work needed for the 10th Street North reconstruction. It is expected that the private utility work will take up to 5 weeks.
**Please remember all schedules are tentative and weather dependent.