Project: 3rd Avenue, 11th Street, & 12th Street North Improvements
Early next week, contractors for the City of Fargo 3rd Avenue, 11th Street, and 12th Street North road and watermain improvement project will set up traffic control for the first phase of project work to fully reconstruct the roadways.
Beginning Monday, May 11, after 7 a.m., motorists can expect:
- 3rd Avenue North will be fully closed to traffic between University Drive to west 12th Street North
- 3rd Avenue North will be fully closed to traffic between east of 11th Street to 10th Street North
With both sections of the road under construction, 3rd Avenue North will be closed to thru traffic between University Drive and 10th Street North. Business and residential access will be maintained by use of 11th and 12th Street North.
After phase one roadway removals are complete, project work will continue into phase three which includes work on 12th Street North between 3rd Avenue to 4th Avenue North and 11th Street North from 2nd Avenue to 3rd Avenue North. The 2nd Avenue and 11th Street North intersection will remain open for motorists at the beginning of phase three project work. Later in this phase crews will be working within the intersection and traffic will be detoured.
Pedestrian access will be maintained throughout each phase of project work.
Phase work may overlap, and multiple phases may be under construction at the same time. Project work will be split into the following phases:
- Phase One: 3rd Avenue North between University Drive to west of 12th Street North and east of 11th Street to 10th Street North
- Phase Two: 3rd Avenue North between 12th Street to east of 11th Street North
- Phase Three: 12th Street North between 3rd Avenue to 4th Avenue North and 11th Street North between 2nd Avenue to 3rd Avenue North, including work in the 2nd Avenue North intersection
- Phase Four: 11th Street North between 3rd Avenue to 4th Avenue North
The purpose of this project is to upgrade portions of the City’s infrastructure in this area including water main, sanitary sewer, storm sewer, pavement, curb and gutter, and street lighting.
Please slow down and watch for trucks entering and exiting the work area.
The project work should be complete by early November.