Project: 10th Street North Reconstruction
Early next week, contractors for the City of Fargo will set up traffic control for the first phase of project work to fully reconstruct 10th Street North from 19th Avenue North to 28th Avenue North. The project work will begin at the 19th Avenue intersection and move north. Construction should be complete by late October.
Beginning Monday, May 4, after 7 a.m., motorists can expect:
- 10th Street North will fully close to traffic between 19th Avenue North to 22nd Avenue North
- Business and residential access will be maintained via sidewalk access
- On-street parking and driveways access will be closed within the project limits
* Parking will be available along open blocks of 10th Street and adjacent avenues
By early June, project work may move to the north end of the project limits into phase three which includes work on 10th Street North between 25th Avenue North to 28th Avenue North. During this phase, the 25th Avenue intersection will be fully closed to traffic.
The contractor is allowed to work on phase one and three simultaneously, but phase two work can only begin once access is resumed to the affected properties in the other phases.
Project work will be split into the following phases:
- Phase One: 19th Avenue to 22nd Avenue North
- Phase Two: 22nd Avenue to 25th Avenue North, including the 22nd Avenue intersection
- Phase Three: 25th Avenue to 28th Avenue North, including the 25th Avenue intersection
Pedestrian access will be maintained throughout each phase of project work.
The purpose of this project is to upgrade portions of the City’s infrastructure including water main, sanitary, storm sewers, paving, street lighting, and the traffic signals located at the intersections of 10th Street North and 19th Avenue North.
In addition, driveway approaches and sidewalks on 10th Street North will be repaired. Please slow down and watch for trucks entering and exiting the work area.
Adjacent Project Work: 10th Street North currently has a northbound lane closure in place between 19th and 28th Avenues North. The closure is in place for private utility work needed for the 10th Street North reconstruction. It is expected that the private utility work will take up to 5 weeks.
**Please remember all schedules are tentative and weather dependent.