The City of Fargo Forestry Department will resume chipping brush placed on residential curbs, beginning May 1 and continuing through October 30. The brush collection day will coincide with the resident’s City of Fargo recycling day. Please keep the below guidelines in mind:
- Brush must be placed on the boulevard by 7 a.m. coinciding with the recycling day.
- Please separate brush from logs. All wood must be 10 inches in diameter or less.
- Stumps and roots will not be collected.
- Brush placed in containers or bags will not be picked up.
- Piles that exceed two pickup loads fall outside of the guidelines and could take multiple weeks to completely remove.
- The landfill will take all brush, roots, and stumps, free of charge throughout the year with proof of residency; or homeowners can contact a commercial tree service for hauling at their own expense.
- When hiring a contractor for pruning or removals, it will be the responsibility of the property owner or contractor to dispose of brush at the landfill.
If you need additional information, please call the City of Fargo Forestry Department at 701.241.1465.