The City of Fargo currently has one opening on its Planning Commission. Residents are encouraged to apply for appointment by visiting www.FargoND.gov/GettingInvolved.
Applications will begin to be reviewed on September 30 and applying before that date is encouraged and appreciated.
Name of Board: Planning Commission
Opening(s): One (1) Commissioner
- First Tuesday of each month at 3 p.m.
- Brown Bag third Wednesday of the month at 11:30 a.m.
Average Time Commitment: Four to eight (4-8) hours per month
- Participate in public hearings on Planning entitlements (subdivisions, zone changes, conditional use permits, for example) including listening to presentations by staff and applicants; listening to public comments; asking questions of staff, applicants, and the public; discussion with other Commissioners during the meeting; voting on a recommendation.
- Read staff reports and other project-related materials.
- Participate in committee assignments representing the Planning Commission on other City or metro-wide boards and commissions.
- Commissioners may receive direct contact from applicants and the public.
In addition to these openings, residents are encouraged to research and apply for appointment to any of the boards, commissions and committees for consideration in the event of future vacancies.
Mayor Tim Mahoney stated, “We are actively seeking applicants with backgrounds and experiences to effectively represent the people of Fargo. Please consider serving your city.”