The City of Fargo currently has one opening for a member on its Parking Commission. Residents are encouraged to apply for appointment by visiting http://www.FargoND.gov/gettinginvolved.
Applications will begin to be reviewed on August 28 and applying before that date is strongly encouraged and appreciated.
Name of Board: Parking Commission
Opening(s): One (1) Member
Meeting Logistics: Last Thursday of each month at 9 a.m. in the City Commission Chambers, Fargo City Hall.
Average Time Commitment Four to eight (4-8) hours per month
- Serves as an advisory board to the Fargo City Commission on parking issues in the downtown area.
- Participates in public hearings on downtown parking time zone changes and manages parking operations including listening to presentations by staff and applicants; listening to public comments; asking questions of staff, applicants and the public; discussing with other Commissioners during the Parking meeting; and votes on recommendations.
- Reviews and evaluates staff reports and other project-related materials.
- Participates in committee assignments representing the Parking Commission on other City or metro-wide boards and commissions.
- Communicates with applicants and the public as needed.
In addition to these openings, residents are encouraged to research and apply for appointment to any of the boards, commissions and committees for consideration in the event of future vacancies. Mayor Tim Mahoney stated, “We are actively seeking applicants with backgrounds and experiences to effectively represent the people of Fargo. Please consider serving your city.”