Project:10th Street North Reconstruction Project
Next week crews will extend the northbound single driving lane closure on 10th Street North and start preparing the one-way roadway of University Drive to carry head-to-head traffic for the final phase of 10th Street North reconstruction project work. By the end of June, all work is expected to be complete and traffic control will be removed from the north Fargo area.
Starting Monday, May 13 after 7 a.m., drivers will encounter the following on the one-way, northbound roadway of 10th Street North:
- 10th Street N between 6th – 7th Avenues: Single northbound driving lane carried on eastside
- 10th Street N between 7th – 12th Avenues: Single northbound driving lane carried on westside
- 4th Avenue N intersection: West side of 4th Avenue N and 10th Street North intersection remains CLOSED to thru traffic. Posted detour route is 10th Street N to 2nd Avenue N to 11th Street N for vehicles and bikes are to use 8th Avenue intersection.
- Pedestrian access: OPEN to north/south travel on 10th Street N and east/west crossings at all intersections between 6th – 12th Avenues including in the railroad underpass on the eastside of the roadway.
The extended single lane closure on 10th Street N will allow crews to complete driveway tie-ins, sidewalks and bus shelter work between 6th Avenue N – 12th Avenue North.
Early next week, there will be periods of brief and moving lane reductions on University Drive as crews prepare the roadway to carry head-to-head traffic between 4th Avenue N – 7th Avenue North. Crews anticipate shifting traffic to be carried with one driving lane in each direction between 4th Avenue N – 7th Avenue North intersections by mid to late next week. All other one-way northbound traffic will remain on 10th Street N and southbound traffic will remain on University Drive.
After this traffic shift crews will finish the underground utility, lift station and roadway reconstruction work in the railroad underpass. Additional in May – June, crews will have short-term closures at various times on 10th Street from 4th Avenue N to 13th Avenue N to complete boulevard grading, seeding, permanent signing and striping as well as permanent striping on University Drive.
The project work in north Fargo is to upgrade the roadway of 10th Street N between 4th – 12th Avenue North intersections and improve safety for all users.
The NDDOT and City of Fargo construction project is to replace aging infrastructure and continuing the city-wide effort to upgrade services for residents and businesses on 10th Street N from 4th Avenue N to 12th Avenue N.
Project completion: Summer 2019
Work zone limits: 10th Street N from 4th Avenue N to 12th Avenue N in North Fargo
Work zone length: Less than one mile
Traffic control: In both directions, throughout the project limits starting Monday:
- University Drive between 12th – 4th Avenues intermittent single driving lane
- 10th Street N between 3rd – 12th Avenues single driving lane
- Sidewalks maintained throughout 10th Street N from 4th to 12th
- Marked bike detour via Roberts Street N to 8th Avenue N
- Truck detours:
- Northbound 10th St N to westbound 1st Ave N to northbound 25th St N to eastbound 7th Ave N to northbound 10th St N
- Eastbound 7th Ave N to Southbound University use southbound 15th St N to eastbound on 4th Ave N to southbound University Drive
Next traffic control shift (starting the week of May 13, mid-week): Head-to-head traffic on University Drive between 7th – 4th Avenues
Scope of work:
- Replacement of the existing local water main, rehab on the existing water transmission line, and placement of the existing sanitary sewer main
- Complete road reconstruction and concrete paving
- New curb and gutter and traffic signals
- Driveway approaches and sidewalk repairs