Effective April 1, 2019 at 12:01 a.m., the City of Fargo will impose Class A and Class 1 load restrictions on various roads throughout town.
Class A restrictions are defined as follows:
- Single Axle (18,000 lbs)
- Tandem Axle (32,000 lbs; 16,000 lbs per axle)
- 3 Axles or more (42,000 lbs; 14,000 lbs per axle)
- Gross Vehicle Weight (80,000 lbs)
Class 1 restrictions are defined as follows:
- Single Axle (15,000 lbs)
- Tandem Axle (30,000 lbs; 15,000 lbs per axle)
- 3 Axles or more (36,000 lbs; 12,000 lbs per axle)
- Gross Vehicle weight (80,000 lbs)
Restrictions shall remain in effect until pavement subgrade conditions warrant removal, generally the first or middle part of May.
Permit applications for weights in excess of restrictions shall be in writing and submitted to the Fargo City Engineer, 225 4th Street North, Fargo, ND, 58102.
The Truck Route Map and roads that are affected by spring load restrictions can be viewed online.
Find a complete list of road closures at FargoStreets. Follow @FargoStreets on Facebook and Twitter.