Project: Roberts Alley & Street Reconstruction Project
Contractors for the Roberts Street Reconstruction Project have fully reopened the roadway and sidewalks north of 2nd Avenue North intersection to north of Roberts Common Parking Garage entrance. Street parking along Roberts Street has also been restored throughout the city block.
The reconstruction and infrastructure project work on Roberts Street was completed in two phases to maintain access to area buildings and parking ramp. Working from south to north, contractors for the City of Fargo worked to replace deteriorating 105-year-old water main and 103-year-old roadway on Roberts Street between 2nd Avenue North to a block south of 4th Avenue North in block section work zones. Crews also replaced a section of 5th Street North between 2nd and 3rd Avenue North that was an 83-year-old roadway in downtown Fargo.
Work on Roberts Street included:
- Installation of new 10” water main on Roberts Street and 8” water main on 5th Street North
- Installation of some new sanitary sewer along with sanitary sewer rehabilitation
- Complete road reconstruction and concrete paving
- New curb and gutter and streetlights
- Driveway approaches, sidewalks and tree planting
Next year, crews will complete the last planned section of Roberts Street reconstruction from north of the parking garage to 4th Avenue North intersection.