7th Avenue North Improvements (Elm to Broadway)
Zone: NorthWhat zone am I?
Start: Spring 2020
Estimated Completion: Fall 2020
This project is currently open for bidding, with bids scheduled to be opened on Wednesday, March 18th at 11:30 AM in City Hall.
An informational meeting was held Tuesday, February 25th, 2020, at 5:30 PM in the City Commission Room at City Hall, 225 4th Street North, Fargo. The meeting was recorded and can be viewed below. Additionally, the meeting video and a PDF of the presentation slides can be viewed via the Project Resources section located on the right side of this page.
February 25th, 2020 Public Information Meeting
Construction activities include the removal and replacement of the existing water main, sanitary sewer repairs, upgrades to the storm sewer system, new asphalt pavement, new concrete pavement, new concrete curb and gutter, and new street lights.
- The project will be constructed in phases to minimize local impacts as much as possible. However, through traffic on 7th Avenue North between Elm Street and Broadway will be closed for the duration of the project.
- Access to the Sanford campus will experience disruptions during certain phases of the project.
- The 2nd Street and 7th Avenue North intersection will remain open throughout the project.
To be determined.
Construction is expected to start in the spring of 2020 with completion scheduled for the fall of 2020.
This project will be funded through a combination of Sales Tax Funds, Waste Water Utility Funds, State Funds (Prairie Dog) and Special Assessments.
- This stretch of roadway has aging pavement and underground utilities that have been subject to numerous unscheduled repairs through the years.
- The project will include up-sizing the water main on 7th Avenue North to 16" diameter pipe between 4th Street to Broadway. The up-sized pipe, in conjunction with various water tower upgrades, is a critical component in providing north Fargo with a reliable water supply.